HERDIT (Horizontal Extended Reach Drilling Industry Training) Operations Course
November 19-23, 2017 | Abu Dhabi, UAE
The price of the course includes the following: A Samsung Tablet with SD card pre-loaded with K&M's ERA software as well as the training materials, continental breakfast, lunch and K&M's networking evening.
5-Day Extended Reach Engineering Design and Implementation Course
Why not hone your ERD and Horizontal Drilling skills by attending this state-of-the art Tablet-based training?
K&M Technology Group have reinvented the training process to combine their world-renown Extended Reach and Horizontal Drilling modules, videos and technical animations to now also include the use of Tablets to access a K&M App that allows course attendees to experiment with various scenarios to see how making changes to one aspect of a well often has far reaching ramifications to many others. The ability to use the App to better understand the concepts being taught has transformed the learning experience.
The course fee covers the Tablet, which is pre-loaded with the software, training material, and case studies so the attendees not only learn during the training course, but they can also revisit the App at a later date to refresh their memories or share with colleagues what they have learned.
Who should attend: Drilling Engineers -- Project Engineers Drilling Superintendents -- Key Rig Personnel – etc.
Reasons you should attend:
- Your wells experience hole cleaning problems at inclinations above 40 degrees
- Pumping sweeps and wiper trips do not seem to help
- You have to backream to get out of the hole
- Your extended reach wells always come in way over budget
- You had stuck pipe and had to side-track the hole
- You do not know why you have problems with your high-angle holes
- Wellbore instability appears to becoming a bigger problem for you
What you will learn:
- What’s different about ERD well design and technology
- Torque, Drag, Buckling and Hydraulics Fundamentals and Modeling
- Hole Cleaning and Hole Condition Monitoring and Management
- Rig Design and Layout
- Directional Drilling and Surveying
- Drillstring and BHA Design and operations
- Casing and liner design, running and cementing and Casing Flotation
Course size is limited to the first 40 paid attendees.
There is a 30-day cancellation policy for all courses.
5-Day Course Schedule of Activities
Day 1 : 8 am – 5.00 pm
- What is ERD / History of K&M Technology Group?
- ERD: What it takes to go far
- Preliminary Well Design
- Torque, Drag & Buckling Fundamentals
Day 2 : 8:00 am – 5.00 pm
- Torque, Drag & Buckling Modeling & Planning
- Hole Cleaning
- Tripping & Back-reaming Practices
Day 3 : 8:00 am – 5.00 pm
- ECD Management
- Surge & Swab
- Connection Practices
- Casing & Drillpipe Wear
- Fundamentals of Wellbore Stability
Day 4 : 8:00 am – 5.00 pm
- Hole Condition Monitoring (including Case Study)
- Differential Sticking
- Performance Drilling with MSE
- Running Casing and Liners in ER Wells
Day 5 : 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Casing Flotation
- Wrap-up and Q&A Session
November 19-23, 2017
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Abu Dhabi, UAE
Hamdan Bin Mohammad St(5th St)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Phone: +971 2 698 2222
US$ - $4850.00
The course fee covers the Tablet, which is pre-loaded with the software, training material, and case studies so the attendees not only learn during the training course, but they can also revisit the App at a later date to refresh their memories or share with colleagues what they have learned. Please note that K&M cannot be responsible for supporting the device or anything related to the device other than to assure it’s operability during the class.