US LAND FOCUSED HERDIT (Horizontal Extended Reach Drilling Industry Training) Design and Operations Course
July 13-17, 2020 | Denver, Colorado, USA
The price of the course includes the following: 2 in 1 laptop/tablet pre-loaded with a 30-day trial of K&M's ERA software as well as the training materials, continental breakfast, lunch and K&M's networking evening.
5-Day Extended Reach Engineering Design and Implementation Course.
The material for this course is similar to the standard 5-day HERDIT course but focused on design, execution and examples relevant to US Land applications.
Why not hone your ERD and Horizontal Drilling skills by attending this state-of-the art interactive training?
K&M Technology Group have reinvented the training process to combine their world-renown Extended Reach and Horizontal Drilling modules, videos and technical animations to now also include the use of their proprietary Torque and Drag software with a 30-day free trial. We realize that installing third party software on a work laptop may not always be easy so all attendees will be given 2in1 laptop/tablets with the software and training material installed. Access to the K&M software allows course attendees to experiment with various scenarios to see how making changes to one aspect of a well often has far reaching ramifications to many others. The ability to use the software to better understand the concepts being taught has transformed the learning experience. Furthermore, with full access to the software attendees can input their own data and review torque, drag and hydraulics for their own wells.
Who should attend: Drilling Engineers -- Project Engineers Drilling Superintendents -- Key Rig Personnel – etc.
Reasons you should attend:
- Your wells experience hole cleaning problems at inclinations above 40 degrees
- Pumping sweeps and wiper trips do not seem to help
- You have to backream to get out of the hole
- Your extended reach wells always come in way over budget
- You had stuck pipe and had to side-track the hole
- You do not know why you have problems with your high-angle holes
- Wellbore instability appears to becoming a bigger problem for you
What you will learn:
- What’s different about ERD well design and technology
- Torque, Drag, Buckling and Hydraulics Fundamentals and Modeling
- Hole Cleaning and Hole Condition Monitoring and Management
- Rig Design and Layout
- Directional Drilling and Surveying
- Drillstring and BHA Design and operations
- Casing and liner design, running and cementing and Casing Flotation
Course size is limited to the first 40 paid attendees.
There is a 30-day cancellation policy for all courses.
5-Day Course Schedule of Activities
Day 1 : 8 am – 4.30 pm
- What is ERD / Wo are K&M Technology Group?
- ERD: What's Different?
- Preliminary Well Design
- Torque, Drag & Buckling Fundamentals
Day 2 : 8:00 am – 4.30 pm
- Torque, Drag & Buckling Fundamentals (continued)
- Hole Cleaning
- Tripping & Backreaming Practices
Day 3 : 8:00 am – 4.30 pm
- ECD Management
- Surge & Swab
- Connection Practices
- Casing & Drillpipe Wear
- Differential Sticking
Day 4 : 8:00 am – 4.30 pm
- Basics of Wellbore Stability
- Introduction to Lost Returns
- Hole Condition Monitoring
- Torque, Drag & Buckling Modelling
Day 5 : 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Running Casing & Liners in ER Wells
- Wrap-up / Final Session
US$ - $5250.00
The course fee covers the 2 in 1 laptop/tablet, which is pre-loaded with a trial version of the software, training material, and case studies so the attendees not only learn during the training course, but they can also revisit the examples at a later date to refresh their memories or share with colleagues what they have learned. Please note that K&M cannot be responsible for supporting the device or anything related to the device other than to assure it’s operability during the class.