HERDIT (Horizontal Extended Reach Drilling Industry Training) Operations Course
June 8-11, 2020 | Aberdeen, UK
The price of the course includes the following: 2 in 1 laptop/tablet pre-loaded with a 30-day trial of K&M's ERA software as well as the training materials, continental breakfast, lunch and K&M's networking evening.
4-Day Extended Reach Engineering Design and Implementation Course
K&M Technology Group, the world-leader in horizontal drilling techniques is offering our 4-Day course HERDIT (Horizontal and Extended Reach Drilling Industry Training) for the Drilling and Completions Professionals looking to take their skills to the next level. For more than 25 years, K&M has been honing the industry's engineering skills by working with major and independent operators all over the world to achieve operational success and world-records year after year.
Our clients have come to expect the elimination of stuck pipe incidents, reduced NPT, increased drilling performance, and cost reduction when K&M's aggressive and innovative planning and operational best practices are applied.
Who should attend: Drilling Engineers -- Project Engineers Drilling Superintendents -- Key Rig Personnel – etc.
Reasons you should attend:
- Your wells experience hole cleaning problems at inclinations above 40 degrees
- Pumping sweeps and wiper trips do not seem to help
- You have to backream to get out of the hole
- Your extended reach wells always come in way over budget
- You had stuck pipe and had to side-track the hole
- You do not know why you have problems with your high-angle holes
- Wellbore instability appears to becoming a bigger problem for you
What you will learn:
- What’s different about ERD well design and technology
- Torque, Drag, Buckling and Hydraulics Fundamentals and Modeling
- Hole Cleaning and Hole Condition Monitoring and Management
- Rig Design and Layout
- Directional Drilling and Surveying
- Drillstring and BHA Design and operations
- Casing and liner design, running and cementing and Casing Flotation
Course size is limited to the first 25 paid attendees.
There is a 30-day cancellation policy for all courses.
4-Day Course Schedule of Activities
Day 1 : 8 am – 5.00 pm
- What is ERD / Wo are K&M Technology Group?
- ERD: What's Different?
- Preliminary Well Design
- Torque, Drag & Buckling Fundamentals
Day 2 : 8:00 am – 5.00 pm
- Hole Cleaning
- Tripping & Backreaming Practices
- ECD Management
- Surge & Swab
Day 3 : 8:00 am – 5.00 pm
- Hole Condition Monitoring
- Differential Sticking
- Basics of Wellbore Stability
- Introduction to Lost Returns
Day 4 : 8:00 am – 5.00 pm
- Torque, Drag & Buckling Modelling
- Running Casing & Liners in ER Wells
- Wrap-up / Final Session
Aberdeen, Location TBD
GBP - 3500.00
The course fee covers the Tablet, which is pre-loaded with a demo version of the software, training material, and case studies so the attendees not only learn during the training course, but they can also revisit the App at a later date to refresh their memories or share with colleagues what they have learned. Please note that K&M cannot be responsible for supporting the device or anything related to the device other than to assure it’s operability during the class.