North Sea Focused Extended Reach Drilling Engineering and Operations Course
April 30 to May 2, 2019 | Aberdeen, UK
Course includes printed course material (including electronically via a USB Drive), continental breakfast, lunch and K&M's networking evening.
3-Day Extended Reach Engineering Design and Implementation Course
K&M Technology Group, the world-leader in horizontal drilling techniques is offering our 3-Day course HERDIT (Horizontal and Extended Reach Drilling Industry Training) for the Drilling and Completions Professionals looking to take their skills to the next level. For more than 25 years, K&M has been honing the industry's engineering skills by working with major and independent operators all over the world to achieve operational success and world-records year after year.
Our clients have come to expect the elimination of stuck pipe incidents, reduced NPT, increased drilling performance, and cost reduction when K&M's aggressive and innovative planning and operational best practices are applied.
Who should attend: Drilling Engineers -- Project Engineers Drilling Superintendents -- Key Rig Personnel – etc.
Reasons you should attend:
- Your wells experience hole cleaning problems at inclinations above 40 degrees
- Pumping sweeps and wiper trips do not seem to help
- You have to backream to get out of the hole
- Your extended reach wells always come in way over budget
- You had stuck pipe and had to side-track the hole
- You do not know why you have problems with your high-angle holes
- Wellbore instability appears to becoming a bigger problem for you
What you will learn:
- What’s Different about Horizontal well design and technology
- How to Increase Drilling Performances
- Torque, Drag, Buckling and Hydraulics Fundamentals and Modeling
- Hole Cleaning and Hole Condition Monitoring and Management
- How to Eliminate Stuck Pipe Incidents
- How to Reduce NPT
- How to Reduce Overall Cost & AFE
Course size is limited to the first 25 paid attendees.
There is a 30-day cancellation policy for all courses.
3-Day Course Schedule of Activities
Day 1 : 8 am – 4.30 pm
- What is ERD? / Who are K&M?
- ERD: What's Different?
- Hole Cleaning
Day 2 : 8:00 am – 4.30 pm
- Tripping and Backreaming Practices
- ECD Management
- Surge and Swab
- Hole Condition Monitoring
- Differencial Sticking
Day 3 : 8:00 am – 4.30 pm
- Torque and Drag Fundementals
- Torque, Drag and Buckling Modeling
- Running Casing and Liners in ER Wells
- Wrap Up
Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen
1 Justice Mill Lane, Aberdeen, AB11 6EQ
T: 01224 592 999
GBP - 2580.00